One of the reward of delighting in the Lord is receiving His correction. Let's get something straight from the beginning of this-God never uses punishment to correct us. Jesus already took all the punishment God had to dish out. However, your actions can lead you into circumstances that feel like you are being punished.
The bible tells of several ways that God corrects us.
- Through Scripture-2 Timothy 3:16-17
- By being in the presence of God: Isaiah 6:5
- Through the ministry of the Holy Spirit: John 14:26
- Through the five fold Ministry: 2 Timothy 4:2
- Through fellow Christians: James 5:19-20
- Through dreams and visions: Numbers 12:6
And Job 33:14-16 tells us He speak more than once and in more than one way. He will not give up on you even if it takes your lifetime.
Pause for a minute and thank God for being a loving Father who will correct you. Is He warning you about something in your life? Remember He doesn’t use punishment to correct you. The Holy Spirit convicts you to correct you. Repent and change. There will be no condemnation or shame, just peace, love, and joy.