Wow, there is so much going on in our world right now, it is easy to be frustrated. Steve expressed this perfectly the other day. He threw up his hands and said, "I'm done! I can't stand to listen to the news anymore." He was feeling frustrated, angry, and disappointed.
It seems our lives and future are being played with by a government that doesn't care. The uncertainty of what life will look like over the next few months and years has us unsettled.
So what can we do? We pray!
Yes, I hear you. You're saying, "I HAVE been praying! What good is that doing? Why keep at it?"
Well, my friends, your prayers are doing so much more than you think! So, today I want to remind you of what happens when you pray.
Our prayers change things on earth. In Revelations 8, we see an example of how that works. (The scriptures and notes are from The Passion Translation)
- The voices carry the word of the Lord.
- The thunder manifests God’s power
- The lightning strikes illuminate divine truth
- The great earthquake shakes the kingdoms of men to their foundations.
- From <https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+8&version=TPT>
When we pray, angels are released on assignment to fulfill God's word. Daniel 10:12 tells us about what happened when Daniel prayed.
When we pray, angels are dispatched immediately to begin working for us to receive what we have prayed for. The angel also told Daniel that there was a war going on to prevent the answer to his prayer coming. There is a battle going on in the spiritual realm to steal the answers to your prayers and God's promise to you. We participate in this battle with our praise and prayers. Galatians 6:9 promises we will see the answer if we do not give up.
When we pray, we receive peace. This never ceases to amaze me. There have been so many times in my life when I was a worried, anxious mess. But as I prayed and praised God for his goodness, a peace came over me. I've watched it happen to my husband also. That is the peace that transcends all understanding talked about in Philippians 4.
This peace is vital in navigating difficult circumstances. Without it, you aren't able to hear God, and it is impossible to make sound decisions. This peace is important to our health. The effect stress and anxiety have on your physical and mental well-being are well documented and scary.
So next time you have faced with worry or anxiety about anything, pray and praise God until you receive that peace. Repeat as needed. You will find that peace comes easier the more you practice this.
So your prayers are making a difference, even if you aren't seeing results yet. Stay strong, my friends!
Keep on fighting the good fight of faith:
On your knees,
Clothed in armor,
Surrounded by an angel waiting for their assignment
Filled with faith, hope, and love
Waiting expectantly for the Lord
to show himself strong on your behalf
I hope reading this encouraged you as much as writing it for did me! Please drop me note in the comments with your favorite prayer scripture. Let's keep encouraging each other!
Prayer Blankets available now. You can find them in the Quilts & Throws Collection
P.S. There are so many great scriptures on prayer, but here are a few more of my favorites.
- Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your insight or understanding. Proverbs 3:5 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition
- Therefore let us [with privilege] approach the throne of grace [that is, the throne of God’s gracious favor] with confidence and without fear, so that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find [His amazing] grace to help in time of need [an appropriate blessing, coming just at the right moment]. Hebrews 4:16 Amplified Bible
- The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]. James 5:8 Amplified Bible
- For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 Amplified Bible
- “This is God’s Message, the God who made the earth, made it livable and lasting, known everywhere as God: ‘Call to me and I will answer you. I’ll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.’ Jeremiah 33:3 The Message
- I do not call you servants any longer, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you [My] friends because I have revealed to you everything that I have heard from My Father. You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and I have appointed and placed and purposefully planted you, so that you would go and bear fruit and keep on bearing, and that your fruit will remain and be lasting, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name [as My representative] He may give to you. John 15:15-16 Amplified Bible