Write 28 Days
It is time for the Write 28 days challenge! Each February, I try to participate in this exercise hosted by Anita Ojeda. The challenge is to commit to writing and posting EVERY DAY in February.
I'll link each days post to the prompts below so you can easily find them.
- Wonderful: Wonderfully Made 15. Beautiful
- Broken: Broken Beyond Repair 16. Lonesome
- Fascinating: What do you Find Fascinating 17. Reflections
- Community Cookbooks 18. Tiny
- Safety: The Safest Place 19. Lottery
- Beliefs Check-up 20. Changes
- Ease: 3 Steps to Ease Your Baggy Bottom 21. Adore
- Shock: Shocking Results 22. Danger
- Skull 23. Common
- Crevice 24. Saver
- Name 25. Problem
- Decline 26. Threat
- Fact 27. Favorite
- Rare 28. Stewardship
Some writers use the given prompts, while others pick a topic and write about it for 28 days. I personally enjoy the challenge of writing with her prompts.
- The prompts flex my creative muscles and disrupt any complacency that has crept into my writing during the year. They allow me to stretch myself out of my comfort zone with words and ideas I wouldn't ordinarily use, taking my writing places I don't usually go.
- Using a topic picked by someone else improves my ability to listen to the Holy Spirit on what to write.
- Daily writing improves my writing skills.
- It refreshes the discipline of writing and posting consistently.
Another blessing with this challenge is reading what other people are writing. It is fun to see what direction writers go with these words. We've received the prompts for the first couple of weeks, and there are some doozies! I look forward to what the Holy Spirit and other writers do with these words.
Earnest Hemmingway says that writers are apprentices in a craft that no one ever becomes a master. But by consistent practice, we can improve. As writers, we have been given a talent by God. It is one we are expected to use and increase, as Jesus taught in the parable of the talents in Matthew 25:14-30.
It will be a fun ride, and I'm excited to see where God takes us. Last year, I let myself get bogged down and overwhelmed during this challenge and did not finish it. This year I plan on doing better! These blogs will be a mixture of encouragement, bible study, recipes, projects, new ideas, information, and quotes. Thank you for joining me on this journey.
If you are interested in participating in the Write28Days Challenge, you can still join in. You don't have to have a blog to participate. Some people only post on Facebook. I did Instagram for the challenge one year. You can sign up here: