While recovering from hip replacement surgery, I have enjoyed many long coffee times with the Lord. During one morning, He showed me a hot air balloon rising and said,
"Come fly with me! Rise up with joy, freedom, fun, and adventure. Release the tethers holding you down and rise. You must release the cords of worry, fear, and doubts of the future to rise to new adventures with me. Stoke the fire, release the flames, rise up and go with the flow!"
As I meditated on this, here are a few thoughts that Holy Spirit shared with me.
- You have been in a season of the refiner's fire. The fire inside the balloon changes the air causing it to rise above what is surrounding it. The fire of the Holy Spirit enables us to change and rise to a new level in the Spirit.
- Keep your crown on. The actual balloon is made out of gores. The gores expand at the top (called the crown) and taper at the bottom (the skirt) as it gets closer to the basket. This shape helps keep the hot air in the balloon. Your crown is Jesus, and your skirt is the armor of God (Ephesians 6). You have to keep your head up, so your crown won't fall off and stand tall, so your armor fits!
In that day, Lord Yahweh, Commander of Angel Armies,
will be a crown of glory and a diadem of beauty for the remnant of his people. Isaiah 28:3 TPT
- The balloon I saw was red and yellow. Red represents the blood of Jesus, redemption, and fire. Yellow is Happiness, Wisdom, Joy, Glory of God. Gold is a precious metal that is valued for its beauty and is easy to work with.
- You must stoke the fire and release the flames. We all have that inner fire that needs to be kept aflame.
That is why I would remind you to stir up (rekindle the embers of, fan the flame of, and keep burning) the [gracious] gift of God, [the inner fire] that is in you by means of the laying on of my hands [with those of the elders at your ordination]. 2 Timothy 1:6
- New adventures are coming. The more you can trust and go with the flow of the Spirit, the more fun you will have. You are created for these adventures and God has custom designed them for you!
For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]. Ephesians 2:10 AMPC
- You must cut the cords of worry, doubt, and fears to rise to the new level of heights He wants to bring you to. He wants to takes you higher than you’ve ever been before.
Arise [from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you—rise to a new life]! Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord), for your light, has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you!
For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and dense darkness [all] peoples, but the Lord shall arise upon you [O Jerusalem], and His glory shall be seen on you.
Isaiah 60 1-2
A few years ago, God told me he wanted to take me on adventures with him. I did a little research on what an adventure was and wrote this acceptance prayer. I believe He wants to remind you that whatever you have experienced in the past, He has new adventures planned for you.
Exciting, fun times are ahead, my friend! Happy flying!
“Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.”
― J.K. Rowling,
Has God taken you on an adventure recently? I'd love to hear about them. Drop a note about it in the comments section so we can celebrate with you!
Here is the prayer I wrote. You can download and print it out to use.