Each month I share highlights from My One Word Journal. My Word for the year is BECOME.
This month has been a time of recalibrating. During the last few months, Isaiah 43:19 has been showing up.
“Listen carefully, I am about to do a new thing, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even put a road in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:19 AMP
To operate in this "new thing", there has to be an upgrade. And every time there is an upgrade, you also have to recalibrate.
It is like what happens with your phone when it updates. The integrity of the original purposes and functions stay the same, but the improvements allow it to operate more efficiently, embrace new features, and increase security. The device must be rebooted to implement these changes.
Now is the time for recalibrating. It is time to create new standards that reflect the upgrades you have received and the ones coming while keeping the integrity of the original ones.
The [uncompromisingly] righteous shall flourish like the palm tree [be long-lived, stately, upright, useful, and fruitful]; they shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon [majestic, stable, durable, and incorruptible].Planted in the house of the Lord, they shall flourish in the courts of our God. [Growing in grace] they shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be full of sap [of spiritual vitality] and [rich in the] verdure [of trust, love, and contentment]. Psalm 92:12-14 AMPC
Blessed be the Lord, Who bears our burdens and carries us day by day, even the God Who is our salvation! Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! Psalm 68:19 AMP
So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well. Learn to love appropriately. You need to use your head and test your feelings so that your love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush. Live a lover’s life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of: bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God. Philippians 1:9-10 MSG
Now may God, the fountain of hope, fill you to overflowing with uncontainable joy and perfect peace as you trust in him. And may the power of the Holy Spirit continually surround your life with his super-abundance until you radiate with hope Romans 15:13 TPT
Highlights from my notes:
- I am receiving this upgrade because He is pleased with me and delighted in me. (Psalm 18:19) I am a blood-covenant partner and the Lord moves in my life based on the shed blood of Christ. The shed blood entitles me to this upgrade, my faith in that blood pleases and delights the Lord, which causes the upgrade to manifest in my life.
- Recalibrate - Merriam-Webster: to calibrate something again. "These systems gradually drift off course so that the navigator periodically needs a fresh point of reference to recalibrate the navigation system" Stefi Weisburd Where have I drifted off course and need a fresh point of reference to recalibrate? New scriptures, new revelations since my last update.
- Some of my default settings:
- John 17:17: God's word is truth
- Numbers 23:19: God is not like men who lie. He is not a human who changes His mind. Whatever He promises, He does. He speaks, and it is done.
- Romans 8:31: Nothing can separate me from the Love of God
- Galatians 3: 26: I am a child of God: A privileged daughter of a loving Father. I am an entitled child of God, entrusted with the Kingdom. As a co-heir with Christ, I receive the benefits and provisions included in that inheritance. I am his most precious child whom He delights by showering me with mercy, grace, and favor every day. He will always love me.
- Standards are guidelines for how I need to live my life. Some behaviors and standards will lead to the success of God's promises to me and the desires He has placed in my heart. When I live by those standards, I will have a better chance of obtaining those promises and desires. What new standard do I need to put into place for what I have become so far this year?
- Take bold and decisive action on what God has put in front of me. (Jan.)
- Make time to be in His presence to Love, Linger, Listen, Light, and Laugh (Feb.)
- Ask for discernment as opportunities and open doors present themselves (March)
- Practice being present at the moment, celebrating and enjoying where I am (April)
- Let the Word be my mirror for all things. (May)
- Remain trustworthy; I have been entrusted with the kingdom! (June)
- Have fun! (July)
- Create and implement new standards in line with my upgrade (August)
“Due north’ on my compass is largely ‘due’ to the fact that in ‘due’ time I have been ‘unduly’ lax in recalibrating my compass. And I’m apparently ignorant enough to wonder why I’m lost.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
“The only calibration that counts is how much heart people invest, how much they ignore their fears of being hurt or caught out or humiliated. And the only thing people regret is that they didn't live boldly enough, that they didn't invest enough heart, didn't love enough. Nothing else really counts at all.”― Ted Hughes
"Standards are not the same as goals When we commit to a standard, we are saying we stand for something, and so these are the actions that people will see from us and we live our standards. We are not saying that we are committed to something in the future (goals), and hope to achieve it. We are saying that this is how we are going to live our life right now(standards) because this is what we believe is the best way to achieve the goals we seek." from Standard and Goals by Scott Roseberg
Art Journaling Page:
I created a habit tracker to implement some new behaviors needed with this upgrade. I haven't used it as I should, but I will keep at it.
Identify and create new standards and ways to implement them.
- Review my default settings
- List my new standards that reflect my latest upgrade. Post them where I can be reminded of them-vision board.
- Turn new standards into habits using a habit tracker.
- Relax and don't stress about this. Remember it is all about the journey with God!
Celebration day to thank the Lord for my upgrade/promotion.
My Favorite Steps & Review
Steve and I are both "retired" now and we are recovered from hip and knee replacements (hip for me, hips and knee for him). We are working out what life looks like for us now. As anyone who has been there knows, there is a bit of a learning curve. We are looking at it as a promotion and seeking the Lord for our new standards.
This was one of the most encouraging words I received this month. I'm sharing an excerpt from it here. You can find the entire word on the Elijah List from August 8, 2022.
Candice Smithyman: "Get Ready! It's Your Time of Promotion"
How is your One Word journey progressing? What surprises has God had for you this month?