Each month I share highlights from My One Word Journal. I'm a little late this month getting out the blog. My Word for the year is BECOME.
June was about becoming aware that I am entrusted with the kingdom. Not only am I a privileged child of a loving father, but I am an entitled child of a King, and He has entrusted me with the kingdom. That entitlement comes with responsibilities.
entitled (past tense) · entitled (past participle)
- give (someone) a legal right or a just claim to receive or do something:
- "employees are normally entitled to severance pay" · "the landlord is entitled to require references"
entrusted (past tense) · entrusted (past participle)
- assign the responsibility for doing something to (someone):
"I've been entrusted with the task of getting him safely back"
- put (something) into someone's care or protection:
"you persuade people to entrust their savings to you"
- "For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons and daughters by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!”
Romans 8:15 NASB
- “My Father has entrusted everything to me. No one truly knows the Son except the Father, and no one truly knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.” Matthew 11:27 NLT
- "All things have been entrusted to Me by My Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him.”
Luke 10:22 Berean Study Bible
- "Jabez cried to the God of Israel, saying, Oh, that You would bless me and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and You would keep me from evil so it might not hurt me! And God granted his request."
I Chronicles 4:10 AMPC
Highlights from my notes:
- The Kingdom is within me. The kingdom in me needs to expand until I am overflowing with its goodness and glory to encompass the world around me.
- In this new season, God is entrusting us with something new. He wants to enlarge my borders. That means my routine may need to change, and I will be pushed out of my comfort zone.
- New challenges and new opportunities often bring new trials and fights with the enemy. To take the promised land, Israel had to defeat and drive out the enemy in their way. Fight the fight in front of you, and don't become distracted and overwhelmed by possible future fights.
- Embrace change as it comes, without guilt. Is what I am feeling conviction or condemnation? If conviction- repent; if condemnation- reject it as the lie it is.
"The time of possessing our inheritance has arrived. The Lord is commissioning us to move and take possession of what He has promised."
Yvon Attia: Elijah List June 10, 2022
"Your job is to focus on Me (Jesus) and become like Me. My job is to make that happen. I do the transforming and fulfilling; you believe and do what faith requires." Georgette Thompson
"Stop looking for comfort in a zone instead of in the Holy Spirit, Move out of your comfort zone once a day and watch the Holy Spirit comfort you in the very places that you once thought impossible." Ann Voskamp
Art Journaling Page:
For my picture-it page this month, I created a coloring page that reminds me that I am entrusted with the kingdom. Luke 17:21 says the Kingdom of God is within us. Romans 14:17 say the Kingdom of God is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Review all the areas of my life where God has entrusted me.
- Where have I been entrusted
- What does it look like for them to be enlarged?.
- What do I need to do to prepare for enlargement? Pray for wisdom to know what needs to be done and when.
- Be courageous and pray the prayer of Jabez. Stop letting fear and laziness stop me from receiving.
- Practice stepping out of my comfort zone.
Relax by the garden with an iced coffee.
My Favorite Steps & Review
- I relayed the brick sidewalk in front of our house to get rid of a sinkhole. That was way outside of my comfort zone.
- Rejoiced with family as they moved into their dream house. It was an example of God enlarging their territory and them defeating the enemies in front of them as they stepped out of their comfort zone and relied on the Holy Spirit.
- Took a leap of faith and hired a plumber to start on my downstairs bathroom.
How is your One Word journey progressing? What surprises has God had for you this month?