Today's Prompt: Unique
Ephesians 2:10 say we are God's own masterpiece. Merriam-Webster defines a masterpiece "as a work done with extraordinary skill; especially a supreme intellectual or artistic achievement." To be a masterpiece, the work must be original and unique.
You are a masterpiece! The master craftsman created you. David describes you Psalm 139.
You formed my innermost being, shaping my delicate inside and my intricate outside, and wove them all together in my mother’s womb. I thank you, God, for making me so mysteriously complex! Everything you do is marvelously breathtaking. It simply amazes me to think about it! How thoroughly you know me, Lord! You even formed every bone in my body when you created me in the secret place; carefully, skillfully you shaped me from nothing to something. You saw who you created me to be before I became me! Before I’d ever seen the light of day, the number of days you planned for me were already recorded in your book. Every single moment you are thinking of me! How precious and wonderful to consider that you cherish me constantly in your every thought! O God, your desires toward me are more than the grains of sand on every shore!
You are one of a kind, marvelously breathtaking being. Declare it!
Several years ago, I took a class that had us write a manifesto. It was a way to discover what make you or your business unique for marketing purposes. It is not only my business manifesto but has become inspiration for my personal life. I thought it would be fun for us to do one together.
- Start by brainstorming. What do you believe? What do you want to be known for? How do you want to live your life? Are there words of wisdom you live by? What makes you unique?
- Gather your brainstorming into thoughts you can express in a few sentences. Make a rough draft. Keep it short and sweet. Make it positive and fun! Let your uniqueness shine. Pray about it. Remember you are a masterpiece and your manifesto should reflect that.
- Write out your final manifesto. Keep a copy to refer to on those days when you wonder why you are here (we all have those). Read it when you are not feeling special or unique. Let it remind you of your purpose and direction.
- Revise as needed. As your life changes, so do your priorities. Your manifesto may need to change also.
As a example, here is the one I did.
Living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us.
For we are God's own handiwork, (his workmanship) created in Christ Jesus (born anew) that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us. Taking paths which He prepared ahead of time, that we should walk in them-Living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us. Ephesians 2:10 AMPC
- God has a delightful, adventurous life planned for everyone, including YOU. That life can only be fully experienced through a personal relationship with the Father, Jesus & Holy Spirit.
- Living a delightful life is about embracing your journey with Him, not arriving at particular destination. He is delighted with you, right here, right now, no matter what circumstances you are in. He love you, He LIKES you and your journey with Him gives Him great pleasure.
- Every day should start with coffee and prayer.
- Chocolate is a necessary food group.
- Positivity, praise and thanksgiving with expectation, are the foundations of our lifestyle.
- Negativity, disappointment, stress, and anxiety are rejected and thrown out!
- Creativity, adventure, and "just going with the flow" are hallmarks of a delightful life but look different in each life.
- It is the little, ever day moments with the people we love that build a delightful life.
- Your dreams are never too big or impossible. God has placed those desires in your heart so you will work with Him to see them accomplished.
- In developing a community of support that encourages and celebrates you as God's masterpiece.
- It is the responsibility of every Christian to live a delightful life as a testimony of God's goodness and faithfulness.
Once you have yours written, I'd love to see it! Drop it in the comments or email me.
**This post is part of the #write28days Challenge, writing and posting EVERY DAY in February
It’s been awhile since I’ve written a manifesto. It would be interesting to look back at ones I’ve written through the years to see if I’d change anything. :) “You are one of a kind, marvelously breathtaking being. Declare it!” Yes!
What a great idea, Jodee! Thanks for sharing yours as an example.
I like God’s manifesto the best!
I loved this! I especially love the Scripture- just beautiful. My motto is share God’s love with others through my writing, through passing out gospel tracts to store clerks, bankers and everyone I meat and through compassion and a listening ear to those who are hurting. The two greatest commandments are to love God, and love people. I start my mornings with coffee and Bible study. I needed to be reminded that I need to spend more time in prayer. Really great use if the word unique.