Today's tip is on pillow and mattress care. You know the importance of getting a good nights sleep. Beside it being a time of refreshing our body's and minds, Job 33 tells us that is a time when God open our ears and give us direction, warnings and instructions.
There is nothing like slipping in to bed with fresh linens. We regularly wash our sheet and pillow cases, and now, during spring cleaning, it is the perfect time to clean the mattresses and pillows also. Here are some tip:.
- Wash one or two at a time
- Pretreat any stains
- Add 1/2 cup baking soda to your regular laundry detergent
- Wash in hot water to help sanitize
- Lay in sunny spot to partially dry
- Cover two tennis balls with socks
- Finish drying on low to medium heat with tennis balls to fluff in dryer
- Vacuum mattress
- In a spray bottle mix
- 3 Tablespoon baking soda
- 8 oz of hydrogen peroxide
- 1 drop of dish soap
- Spray mixture on mattress and let dry.
- Vacuum mattress again
- Use mixture immediately as mixture will deactivated after 20 minutes.
If you are interested in hearing more from the Lord as you sleep, read my blog Marvelous Nights
Don't forget your Spring cleaning Guide