Each month I share highlights from My One Word Journal. My Word for the year is BECOME.
I started the month with a three-day personal retreat. I stayed at home and spent the time in my studio. Most of the retreat was spent in praise and worship, just soaking in the presence of the Lord. I did some art journaling, meditating, and prayer also. One afternoon I focused on My One Word. The message I received for this month was to settle in, celebrate, and enjoy what you have already BECOME.
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10
"I am the Vine: you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant)fruit. However, apart from Me, you can do nothing." John 15:5
Highlights from my notes:
- Abiding in Him is a done deal. You are in Him, and He is in you, and you are bearing fruit. It is as natural to you as breathing, so just breathe.
- In striving and trying to BECOME, you are not Being. Slow down. Don't be in such a hurry to get to the next step on your agenda. Practice being in this moment and enjoy what you have already BECOME.
- Live in the moment, day by day, and don't stress about the future. Release it into God's hands and live in the now. Don't get so caught up in looking into the future that you miss what God is doing today. Stay in this moment with the Lord, and the next, and the next, and you will glide into the future He has planned BECOMING everything you desire.
- When you try to control and direct every little thing, you enjoy nothing. It's okay to enjoy what you do without it being a stepping stone to somewhere else. Sometimes you just need to relax, breath, let go, and just be. So settle in and enjoy what you have already BECOME. God is happy with where you are at.
- Master what you have already BECOME before you jump to the next thing. Use the gifts, talents, and anointing you have already been given. Allow them to settle in and become a part of you. This is a day-by-day journey. Walk in what you have already learned until it becomes natural, then you will be ready for the next step.
"The art of life is to live in the present moment and make that moment as perfect as we can by the realization that we are the instrument and expression of God Himself." Emmet Fox
"Today I will live in the moment, unless It's unpleasant. In which case I will eat a cookie." Cookie Monster
Art Journaling Page:
I love this picture and want to nap in that hammock after having tea. I've started to meditate and pray using an art journaling page I have done as a focus point. With this page, Jesus rolled out of the hammock as I came to the table and served me tea. We had a wonderful time talking about joy and anointing.
"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over" Psalm 23:5
Celebrate, settle in and enjoy what you have already BECOME
- Continue Love, Linger, Listen, Light, & Laugh.
- Breathe deeply; Count your blessings.
- Make a list of what you have already Become and celebrate that.
- Celebrate your creativity:
- practice creativity exercises
- take another Art Journaling class
- Finish reading Creative Glory by Joshua Mills
- Set my expectation for each day as a privileged daughter of a loving father. Enjoy today and practice being present in the moment, abiding in Him.
Enjoy afternoon tea in the garden!
My Favorite Steps & Review
- Meditating with art journaling pages. Don't compare and despair--instead, admire and inspire. Love the woman within for she is amazingly strong and she holds on to her peace.
- Going with the flow of each day. It has been less stressful, and I have been more productive.
I hope you are enjoying your journey with the Lord this year, whether you have chosen a One Word or not. What surprises has God had for you this month? I'd love to hear about them! Just leave a comment below.
My One Word Word of the Year Journals are still available. Click here for more information.