Today we are exploring how to have marvelous nights. Our evening habits can cultivate an atmosphere to receive from God while we sleep. With our morning habits and daytime meditations, we try all day long to hear from God. But sometimes, life just gets in the way. Some days I am too busy, tired, or discouraged to expend all the energy it takes. I just want to curl up, to go to sleep, and believe everything will be better when I wake up!
The Sleep Foundation says we need sleep to transfer memories from short-term to long-term memory. Sleep improves our ability to retain information, restore and rejuvenate our minds and bodies, and it is when we grow muscle, repair tissue, and synthesize hormones. This is just another example of how marvelously made our bodies are.
But a whole lot more can happen when we sleep if we prepare ourselves properly. We can actually position ourselves to receive visitations and breakthroughs while we sleep. The bible is full of stories about this.
- While Adam slept, God formed his perfect mate (Genesis 2:21)
- While Abraham slept, God cut a covenant with himself on Abraham's behalf (Genesis 15:12)
- While Elijah slept, God sent provisions for him (1 Kings 19:5)
- While Jerusalem slept, God sent angels and slew 185,000 of their enemies ( Kings 19:35)
- While Peter slept, God sent an angel to free him from prison (Act 12:6)
- While Daniel slept, God showed him the future (Daniel 10:9)
The psalmist says I remember thee upon my bed and meditate on thee in the night watches. When I get up, I'll see your full stature and live heaven on earth. (Psalms 63:6, Psalms 17:15)
Job tells us we may hear God's voice, that He opens ears and seals instructions as we sleep. Job 33:15
Wouldn't you like to wake up and have your life become heaven on earth? To have the answers you need and God's instructions on how to handle every situation you face? We can and it can happen while we sleep!
Mark 426 principal
26-29 Then Jesus said, “God’s kingdom is like seed thrown on a field by a man who then goes to bed and forgets about it. The seed sprouts and grows—he has no idea how it happens. The earth does it all without his help: first a green stem of grass, then a bud, then the ripened grain. When the grain is fully formed, he reaps—harvest time!
We get a glimpse of how the kingdom of God works in this passage, I'm calling it the Mark 426 principal. The farmer plants the seeds then goes to sleep. Soon it is harvest time and he has no idea how it happened. So to apply this kingdom principle to our lives, we need to prepare the field, sow the seed and go to sleep.
- Prepare the field: Set aside about 30 minutes before you go to bed. Start by expressing your gratitude for the day and giving over all your problems and concerns.
- Sow the seed: The Bible tells us the word of God is our seed. Ask God for a word for that night. If you are in a situation where you need an answer, ask for that. Find a scripture that pertains to your word or problem. Then meditate on that while you fall asleep. Put that scripture on audio repeat and listen while you sleep
- Go to sleep: Gods got you covered. Psalm 127:2 "It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep." Proverbs 3:24 "When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet."Job 11:19 "You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid, and many will court your favor." Psalm 4:8 "I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for you, LORD, only make me dwell in safety."
- Reap your harvest: Keep a notebook by your bed to write down what God reveals to you during the night. Thank Him for your answer, even if you don't have is yet. Matt 7:7 says Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. You received an answer last night but it may take a little time to travel from your spirit to your conscious brain. Don't give up and plow under your seeds by declaring nothing happened.
Does that make you as excited as it does me? I will be adjusting my evening habits to include the Mark 426 Principal. Let me know how it works for you. I'd be so excited to hear from you!
If you enjoyed today's post, you can click here https://jodelights.com/pages/28-day-writing-challenge to find all of the posts in this series.
This article was inspired by Katie Suza's Miracles While You Sleep. For more teaching and some great testimonies of how this works, watch her you tube videos Miracles while you Sleep.
Part 1 https://youtu.be/UlYLhuMC01Q
Part 2 https://youtu.be/jbbss34yy9g